View Single Post
Old 02-26-2018, 07:48 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I did have some pictures and it turns out I took a couple of close ups of wines that are made right in the Ajaccio area. One is 'Domaine Comte (Count) Peraldi, which dates back to the 17th century and another is 'Clos D'Alzeto' which is about 8 miles north.
I'm not a big wine drinker, but I do open maybe a bottle or two of red wine a month. I do like bordeaux wine very much. I did some searches of Domaine Comte Peraldi wines and their availability in the U.S. Wine.com does list their wines, but they are all currently unavailable. It looks like it will be a challenge to try a Corsica wine... unless... I go visit Corsica (light bulb moment) !

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
Looks like a very traditional Italian pizza. Since Corsica takes a lot from Italian culture (such as the liqueur Scruffy mentioned above) I'll assume that it is traditional Corsican pizza.
I'm definitely not knocking it. I just find the construction of it interesting. Mozzarella cheese tends to spread out evenly from it's original shape when heated. The cheese in this pizza melted into round shapes, so it's like the Mozz was crumbled and not shredded like you see on American pizza.

Last edited by CleverCowboy; 02-26-2018 at 07:48 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts