View Single Post
Old 06-17-2009, 10:06 PM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Ruroshen is on a distinguished road
Exclamation The Alizée America Birthday Fan Art Contest! (Deadline extended!)

Hello Lilly Town people! Welcome to the Alizée America Birthday Fan Art contest!

Alizée's 25th birthday is fast approaching, and Alizée America needs some talented fans to help us celebrate it in style! From now until August 10, community members can submit one piece of work in each of the following four categories:

Static Image (original art, Photoshop signature/desktop, etc.)
Music (Remix, original composition, etc.)
Video (Music video, animation, digitial short, etc.)
Writing (Short prose, poetry, etc.)

The theme for the contest is, naturally, “Happy birthday Alizée, from your fans at Alizée America”

Once submissions are closed, we'll be opening up a voting thread for each category. From August 11 until August 14, the community will have the chance to vote for their favorites!

The winners will be revealed on Alizée's birthday, August 21, on the front page of Alizée America, along with links to the other entries!

We'd like to encourage our artists to use this forum to share their development process with the community during the contest phase, and maybe even engage in a little shameless self-promotion (within reason, of course) during the voting phase. Show us the evolution of your project from start to finish, and get some feedback from your fellow fans to make it even stronger! Naturally, some people are going to want to play their cards close to their chest, but in my experience, it’s the people who really get the community involved that fare best in contests like this. I think if enough people get involved—and we do have some really talented people in the community—it has the potential to get everybody really excited!

Once your project is ready for submission, send me a PM with a link to "officially" enter it in the contest. You can change it as much as you like right up until the submission deadline of midnight PST on August 10, at which point all the entries will be considered "locked in".

Voting will begin the next day, August 11, just as quickly as I can get the voting threads for each category up on the forum, and will close at midnight PST on August 14. Community members will each be able to vote once in each category. I will be monitoring the voting threads for shenanigans, so please keep it friendly and honest, OK? Above all, please keep in mind that this is all supposed to be for fun!

And that's it! If you have any other questions that I haven't covered here, please let me know either below or in a PM, and I'll add the answer here.

Thanks gang! Best of luck to all!

Last edited by Ruroshen; 08-06-2009 at 12:09 PM.. Reason: Deadline extended for all the procrastinators out there ;)