View Single Post
Old 06-25-2010, 08:29 PM
A Contre Courant...

Rictor is on a distinguished road

1)What this song means to you.

I remember reading about this song in the translations section of AAM and it really spoke to me. In a nutshell, something about Alizée following Edie around for a day in NY and deciding that it's not for her. She's not into the whole glamourous scene and is more of a family person, etc.

2)What do you feel about this song.

I listen to this song frequently when I'm walking around New York, especially in Manhattan. Sometimes I would see snobby women with their expensive coach bags, oversized sunglasses, and New York attitude and think to myself, "this is not for me." The city itself I love since I grew up here, but I always fantasize about meeting someone like Alizée, marrying her, and living somewhere more rural...somewhere less hectic. But at the same time I would want to come back to NY every once in a while. Hence, "New York I'm sorry, I loved you so...but I have to go" along with, "never wanna leave you..."

3)What you like/don't like, and why.

I like how this song feels like it was written just for me; I'm able to connect to it on a very personal level. And when I hear "Never wanna leave you..." I immediately picture her speaking to me.

4)How good it is from a musical standpoint.

It is unbelievably catchy. The replay value is high since I can listen to it over and over again without getting bored with it...which kind of reminds me of when I first heard "Moi...Lolita." The replay value of a song definitely speaks a lot about its quality. Good song.