View Single Post
Old 03-20-2016, 04:33 AM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel1985 View Post
Djr654:

Alizee really has brought so much joy in to all of our lives.

I think it is fair to say that if you discover Alizee and an interest develops, there is no chance it can ever be a mild passing interest; you become obsessed.

Enjoy your obsession. We have all taken that descent into insanity at one time or another.

While cruising You Tube, I stumbled onto Alizee's J'en Ai Marre, and that was enough for me. I was a goner. From there I searched out everything Alizee. This had never happened to me before or after.

I've been a fan of a lot of artists, but never obsessed by any of them. Salena Gomez is gorgeous and I think her video "Naturally" is incredible, but no obsession. Hayley Williams of Paramore is another. Very attractive, a wonderful talent: again, no obsession.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_YR...OWSnyX&index=2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZweyIKNwX4

For me Alizee is a two-edged sword. She brings me pleasure, but also torment. It's the pits having a one sided relationship with a woman. It's an unrequited love.

So I adore this woman who doesn't know I exist, and if she did know, she couldn't care less. We don't speak each other's language, we live on opposite sides of the earth, she makes vastly more money than I, there's a dramatic age difference, and our cultural experiences would clash. Even if I had access to her and spoke beautiful French, I wouldn't know how to talk to her. There would be no possibility of anything beyond a distant acquaintanceship.

The whole experience is ludicrous--truly a descent into insanity--and no one is more sensitive to that fact than me, but there it is. Like it or not, I can't get my fill of this woman. On the one hand it would be a relief to be able to walk away from her and never look back, but then I would miss out on all the wonderful experiences she brings me. She adds a quality to my life that I can’t find anywhere else.