View Single Post
Old 04-18-2009, 05:08 AM
Alizée Acolyte

BrianB is on a distinguished road
Cool

I know the hows of how I discovered her but not the whys. I'm a long-time science fiction/fantasy fanboy so back in November, about two weeks before Thanksgiving, I was looking for videos about Star Trek in general and William Shatner in particular on YouTube. Somehow, when I searched for the SNL "Get a Life!" skit with William Shatner, the "pour Laurette" version of JEAM came up in the Related Videos panel. At the time I had no idea who she was so I ignored it.

However, a few days later curiosity got the best of me so I entered the same search terms and the JEAM video came up again but this this time I clicked it. Great googly moogly! I hadn't been that happy in a while! So, I spent all night and into morning finding and watching all the Alizée videos I could find. I then bought her albums and became a hardcore fan. I know it's been said many time here but I have to say I have never heard a voice so angelic in my life even though I'm older than dirt. And I can think of only two other singers, Edith Piaf and Patsy Cline, who can affect me so emotionally with their singing.

So, while I still don't know how her video came up in that search I'm just going to thank my lucky stars that it did.

Brian