View Single Post
Old 05-17-2009, 12:21 PM
M'alizee

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinnamonPixie View Post
Ok, sort of long story... well I suck at making these things short actually; but here goes:

My boyfriend used what he thought was a good pickup line on me the first time he finally got the courage to approach me (that didn't come out right and I can't fix it in my head, so I'll just fess up that I was still too nervous to go up to him first...)... He said that I looked exactly what he thought Alizee would look like if she were my age and a cheerleader (he must have been hallucinating about my hair or something). It didn't mean much to me when he said that... But he was cute, mainly 'cuz of how nice he was being and how he was trying so hard to not scare me off or anything - and putting himself through heck stressin' over it.

His sister was watching when he finally walked away and came up to me and told me who Alizee was, and that he had her pictures everywhere, always talked about, listened to her music, etc... He was even planning on taking French! When she said he was always spouting off about how she was "the prettiest girl ever born" or something I realized what he was trying to say... Poor guy was too geeky to realize that I might not know who the singer was (I'm just as geeky, in many many ways).

I chased after him before he got far, and made the more firm commitment answer to his "let's hang out and talk" thing - for a "first date" he asked me over to his house for rootbeer floats and what he'd asked around to learn was my favorite movie! How cool is that? So I told him what his sister told me, and asked if she was that pretty (how could I possibly compete with her?!) and if he meant what he'd said to me. He didn't even pause to take a breath when he excitedly said yes. That's about the time when my friends and his sister caught up with me/us and started teasing me (his sis was giving him a hard time) about my bright red face and goofy shyness...

Long story short, I kissed his cheek and told him I'd definitely make it - as long as Daddy said it was ok - and the rest is history, as they say... He showed me some of her videos and songs, and of course the insane amount of pics (he must have scoured the web something fierce!) and forgot to hide the pic he'd gotten of me from the local paper which was practically in the middle of all his Alizee pics (the printed ones). That was almost 2 years ago... We're still dating, and yes... I'm a fan of Alizee's too now.
wow thats nice a good story^^