View Single Post
Old 07-29-2008, 10:43 AM

C-4 is on a distinguished road

Having been a professional musician for many decades, and having done session work in NYC, Nashville, Boston, Florida and other places, I have heard so much music, mostly from either America or Great Britain and was getting tired of what was being played on the radio.

Then a friend of mine from Europe told me about Alizée and said "Why don't you try listening to some of her music". That was all it took for me.

I was never much interested in France, because I was doing other things. However, after listening to Alizée, I became interested in Alizée's music, history, and then, after signing up for this forum, everything I could find out about France, as well. Now I listen to Alizée (and some other French artists, when I want a slight change of pace) to the total exclusion of everything else, except the music I am hired to learn and play.

Her voice, upbringing, attitude towards life, her morals, professionalism, humility, brains, personality, and of course, her most magnificant good looks, have all worked together to make me want to go to France and no other place, prior to being able to go there first. I have become interested in all things Alizée, and France.

I have always loved commercial music and find her music to represent the freshest music with the most depth and feeling of any I have heard in many years. I have not been this excited about listening to a specific person's music since Elvis, and the British Invasion. I have been this way for four years now, and the feeling has not let up. Instead, it has continually strengthened during this time, with much assistance from this forum and it's wonderful and generous members.

I am constantly driving my band, studio people and everyone around me crazy because whenever they see me, I am listening to Alizée.

Whenever I am asked what music I like to listen too, and I state "Alizée, and her French 'tangy pop' ", I get the most amazing reactions, especially after the person asking the question has heard me perform.

I cannot get enough of Alizée all the time, and I truly love it!

Last edited by C-4; 07-29-2008 at 12:30 PM..