View Single Post
Old 02-23-2010, 01:39 AM
amateur phlebotomist

Chuck is on a distinguished road
Talking I'm with Scruffydog! >>>>>>>>>>>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Raptor Ace View Post
hate to break this to you bud, but I have a lot of friends who go to SUNY Stony Brook and even they dont listen to their school radio station. College radio stations are barley listened too by their students, yet alone the outside community so even if they did play Alizee it wouldn't really get us anywhere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
You're probably right. It was a tremendous waste of time the last time I tried something like this. Why should this time be any different?
SCRUFF'S IDEA IS GOOD. Deep and Lefty say so, n'that's good enuf for me. (Besides, I love "The Abyss".) Lots of us have been thinking something like this, but just wondering which station to target. This WUSB Scruffy mentions sounds like a great place to start!

...I mean, sure, F.R.A. says college students don't "barley" () listen to college radio. But a lot of other people DO. And if this one reaches NYC, then that may be just where we want to be.

Furthermore, I think that the ChartsInFrance "assault" proved that if we unite, we might make an impact... Best of all, "Limelight" or "Les Collines" might be just cool enough and techno enough for this WUSB to actually give a try.

But if we learned anything else recently, it's that we need planning. And some degree of coordination - if we all e-mail them 5 times on the same day, and then nothing after that, we'll be pretty obvious and thus our petitioning will be pretty easy to dismiss.

So let's discuss! For at least a few more days. Figure this out first. Then...