View Single Post
Old 10-21-2020, 11:58 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Some of us older members had discussed the future of AAm in the past, and we know that it falls into the hands of younger fans. We have a few threads that we started on updating our site and the features that members would like to see, and the younger members mentioned all the modern features seen on different social media platforms.

But here is the (potential) problem. Most, if not all, of those younger members from those threads are no longer involved on the forum. Maybe they are still Alizee fans and just follow her on IG and FB, maybe they just moved on altogether. So if AAm moves to another platform such as Discord, ownership and/or administration should be given to multiple members, if possible.

That being said, I have never used or seen Discord, but I will check it out. For those that have used it, is there a way to control membership to a community? Can a community be moderated and memberships revoked?

If you go back to the early years of this forum and read some of the threads, there are threads that got hostile at times and the conversation went off in some unpleasant directions. There is enough unpleasantness in the world already and I would not like our community to go down that route.

Now I will ask the question, why would we want to move to Discord besides that AAm crashed for a few days?

Will it attract more new members, and how?

Last edited by CleverCowboy; 10-21-2020 at 12:01 PM..