View Single Post
Old 07-23-2016, 06:32 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by comjoz View Post
"Plus I enjoy watching the affect it had on Alizee." Yeah, this is especially interesting thing to observe. Just see how she is rubbing her palms at 0:06 at the beginning of the song. It's like she is expecting to hear something especially delicious, how her own song sounds sang by other singer.
Then see expression on her face at 2:02, it's like she's totally stunned, even almost worried at what she's hearing. Also at 2:26.
But Tina Arena at 1:38 doesn't seem to look much different , and Michel Fugain at 1:55 almost the same.

How much the translation is reliable? Who did it?
Long story short.....I was able to get in touch with a young woman who used to live in Paris. She's about 5 years younger than Alizee. She moved to this country several years ago and now does tutoring or the occassional translation services that someone like I was looking for so I'd say as far as the conversations, the translations are very accurate.

I did not have her translate the songs because there are interpretations of the songs already out there and I get charged by the letter.

But with the interpretations of the songs out there, I found in many cases they were all lacking at one point or another and I had to read between the lines for what I thought was being said.

But I did the same thing with all the DALS episodes in case you haven't seen them with the translations supplied by Marguerite.

Now as far as the song Idealizer. Christophe Willem has a very strong voice and it's very possible that she was just blown away with it.

But it looks like you might not have seen conversations in here concerning this song on this show, so I have to tell you a little about the history "in case" you aren't aware of it.

After her separation from MF, her first album was Psych.

"Some" people said that the song Idealizer was directed at MF in a negative way. I never really looked into it until this SAGA show came out. I looked at different interpretations.....well actually I think I only found one and that was by RMJ and with my very limited knowledge of French, but doing a lot of research into the words, "I" came up with this interpretation and I feel it's fairly accurate but I invite others to look at this song and see what they come up with.

So after controversy arose when the album was released about this song, the writer of the song said it was about a woman who had a lot of issues and eventually commited suicide. With out naming names, assuming he hasn't, I think a lot of people had trouble swallowing that.

Gotta get ready for work and will discuss more tomorrow if you care to continue this but one thing I want to remind you of is some of the pronouns I believe is the right term in this song can be interpreted as either he or she. In my translation, I used he, but if you look at the song and substitute she, it gives it an interesting meaning.

So I don't know if she was affected by the meaning of the song or just Chritophe's voice. I think it was just his voice.