View Single Post
Old 07-18-2006, 08:25 AM

C-4 is on a distinguished road

I have been a professional guitar player for almost 50 years. I do session work and like pop music. About 2 months ago a friend of mine from Europe emailed me to listen to Alizee and I was immediately taken with her style, her voice, her music and her beauty. I have all of her work now and listen to it regularly, plus the videos on this site.

Alizee reminds me of the artists from the late 50's and early 60's in that they had squeeky clean images that were real, not the "divas" that we have today here in America that think they are so great. There is no plastic, fake front with Alizee that I see in most alll of the American artists.

Seeing Alizee has also changed my opinion of the French people. It was not that I hated them, but I really didn't think much about them. Now, I read and find anything I can about the French and realize that I have missed out on learning about a culture and people that I would have liked.

As far as talent in America today in pop singers, I don't really believe we have any that truly have the talent. American Idol is a joke to me, aside from Kelly Clarkson, who is showing America that she has something to offer, but I really don't care much for her or the high-up divas like Janet Jackson, Mariah Carey, and all the others.

I find Alizee to have the natural approach that I prefer and the honesty in her delivery that I like. It is unaffected and pure, unlike so many American artists that seem just a bit too slick for my tastes.

I only hope Alizee continues to stay in the music business and maybe later on, branch out into movies, if she feels moved too.