View Single Post
Old 01-05-2017, 04:38 PM
Alizee Hub Janitor

digimaze is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I didn't want to let this go as being the last thing said about her voice in this thread. If she had to go back to the studio 5 times to fix her vocals in the making of the album, it wouldn't have surprised me because it "seems" fairly obvious that she has never put much work into her voice...
In my opinion it all goes back to something I've complained about a million times and that's the fact even though losing the music of Laurant Boutonnat and the songs of Mylene Farmer was a huge loss, the most damaging thing to her career was the loss of good management.

We see her making appearances singing songs that sounded terrible and you wonder how she could make those mistakes and it's obvious that decisions that bad, have to be coming from her because if she had a manager, I can't believe a 'manager' could be making such bad decisions, year after year, and still remain a manager.
I agree. I had hoped that with her DALS win she would move on to a role as a "celebrity who used to be a Pop singer" much in the same way as Paula Abdul did...an incredible dancer/choreographer for Janet Jackson (among others) who had a turn as a Pop Idol that was purely a result of studio artistry. Her unprocessed voice is AWFUL as those that got duped into buying concert tickets discovered back in the day. But the public loved her: she was sweet, warm, charming and humble and parlayed that into a lucrative career as a celebrity judge for shows like American Idol.
I thought the same might happen for Alizee, and fantasized that DALS might ask her to join the show as a judge.... but then something was said and the next thing you know not only Alizee was unwelcome to return but her boyfriend too! Now I'm not willing to speculate what happened, but clearly it was another case of Alizee shooting her own career in the foot.

As far as the Hub goes, I am unwilling to provide that service to a handful of virtually inactive accounts: it seems like it's time to explore other options. I've got a dedicated computer online 24/7 churning away as the Hubs' server that I can re-purpose for other uses. I see that new Alizee files do appear here from time to time (I won't mention any names but he's in my Hub 24/7). Posting them in main chat so that they could be a part of the Hub's collection could have made a difference but you all chose NOT to do so. It mystifies me: you REFUSE to participate in Hub activities yet then get ANGRY with me when I decide I might phase out the Hub due to "lack of Activity!" (lol) You are thereby saying farewell to the most comprehensive collection of Alizee (and French Pop for that matter) available anywhere. Good luck to you guys... I don't know what you'll do when and if your hard drive crashes.

Last edited by digimaze; 01-05-2017 at 05:06 PM..