View Single Post
Old 04-23-2015, 02:57 PM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray4AJ View Post

Florida has statewide records on-line. I looked last night and didn't find anything. I also checked my state, but no Jacoteys appeared. Unless someone stumbles upon a record, I don't expect there will ever be any confirmation one way or the other about a US divorce. Probably they researched which states do not make the records public and chose one of those states. I don't think she would marry Gregoire without taking care of this detail.
Ray, thanks for all the work you've put in on this.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny_HRO87 View Post
I don't understand why you are always coming back to this. Who says that she didn't take care of this a long time ago? I'm sure she did, every sane woman would. Especially when she has a new boyfriend. It's not like she has to tell us the exact date when she went to court to get a divorce.
How do you interpret this statement as something other than--Please stop talking about this, it's really none of your business.

"Who says that she didn't take care of this..." makes the supposition that Alizee has taken care of the divorce when we don't know that for a fact. It hasn't been nailed down one way or another. To raise the question again in the hopes that someone has more definitive information is a perfectly valid thing to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny_HRO87 View Post
and it was totally necessary to post this link because...?
Again it's difficult to interpret this statement as something other than, If it's not absolutely necessary to talk about this, why do you bring up unpleasantries? Please stop talking about these things.

My point is that we have a right to discuss whatever is bugging us, and we should not have to lock up our thoughts and feelings for fear of offending your sensibilities.

Last edited by Shepherd; 04-23-2015 at 02:57 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts