View Single Post
Old 05-13-2010, 03:30 AM

WyomingGrizFan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
yah I knew Blu Rays are just higher quality movies, but I never knew they could go back into movies after they are created and make them 3D!!!Technology these days
Actually, if not mistaken, one can purchase a blu-ray TV and DVD player and 'then' hook up with what is called HDMI ('backward compatibility') for blu-ray; then one can view a regular HD [something like 1080 x 720 i/p Interlace/Progressive)] in a blu-ray format. And even though filmed originally over fifty years ago or more, viewing of old time films can be easily converted to HD with HDMI. That is to say, originally NTSC (standard television transmissions from about 1944 on in North America were 480 x 480 i/p; with HDMI one can easily view the same film in HD once you have a HD TV and a HD DVD Player with accompanying HDMI in order to convert to HD those old films. That can easily be done with having a system that allows HDMI and its' connections; for a blu-ray set-up I heard a quoted price from Vann's Electronics that it's only a couple hundred dollars for the cables allowing the conversion. The blu-ray is calibrated to about six times the resolution of a regular high definition viewing so most definitely is blu-ray the way of the future. Some have come out with the 3D format but there seems to be problems at times with some people/persons viewing them; somewhat like what was reported about Pokeman a couple years ago. I don't know if some people developed cataleptic fits or not but somewhat similar. Rumours. I'd stick to the blu-ray anyways.

I was investigating the posibility of a blu-ray flat-screen set up complete with blu-ray DVD Player and HDMI, about at least a fifty inch diagonal, and that was about $ 3,600.00 total. If you already have a DVD in HD then all it would take to view it in blu-ray would be the HDMI cables; quite simple, really. But I don't know about viewing the same in 3D though. What 'docdtv' shows on one of his latest postings is intriguing but, still, not all peoples have the same eyesight; some myopic, others are far-sighted, etc. It might all depend on having prescription glasses/lens for all persons to view equally. Plus the overall energy comsumption of all those HD TVs, at least, drawing vast amounts of energy from the electric grids. Some cities are really being taxed on their energy reserves with all those HD TVs out there.

Last edited by WyomingGrizFan; 05-13-2010 at 03:53 AM..