View Single Post
Old 08-07-2009, 10:45 PM
Fan d'Alizée (pour toujour)

CFHollister is on a distinguished road

Looking good. You're right about the outlining being a bit too stark, but I think there still needs to be some exterior definition, perhaps a grey which is enough to provide definition but not so dark as to catch the eye.

About the flame. I think it looks good. More detail in the flames would certainly make it more impressive, but might not be practical, especially if it were to be reproducible on clothing. One thing you can play with is the color of the 'A' itself which you now have in a kind of yellow-green. I'm not sure what would be best until you played with it some, but some ideas that come tp mind are: Red, taking the color of the 'A' from MCE but in the style of Psychédélices; Purple, color of the 'A' straight from Psychédélices and complimentary with the yellow in the flame.

One thing I just noticed that should be fixed one way or the other. The red of the French flag needs to be on the fly and the blue on the hoist. But in a logo that would make it look backwards. This might be an argument for reversing the positions of the flags (USA on left, France on right). I think the American flag would still be plenty recognizable in that position even with the canton more on the right side (due to being on the hoist).

You're doing an awesome job!