View Single Post
Old 07-16-2011, 07:53 PM

SlipshodDread is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by melovelily View Post
I guess you're right and since alizee is going to have a new album in 2012 (I think it was confirmed) it would be better if we promote her before the albums comes out
And I wonder if alizee can speak English better now cuz I have seen a vid from 09 when she was in Mexico and it was really hard for her to speak it but
it kinda makes her cuter lol
I'd just at this point like to point out that most French people (I don't intend to be rude or assuming here) dislike the English Language. Pretty much every French person I have spoken to has said that, not because they think the language is bullcrap, but mainly because it is not a very "pleasant" language.

Due to the Germanic roots of English, and despite many many influences of Romance languages (french, spanish, italian and mainly latin) it has sounds that are vastly different to those languages, and English is clearly closer to German phonetically. And this is even shown by the typical English speaker's view that French is "classy".

So not only is there a generally negative view of it, but the French most definitely try to prevent "Le Franglais". And the fact that at the minute, learning English isn't a necessity either, but many French people know some level of basic English, similar to what was shown in that 09 clip. And she probably can speak better English than that, but I doubt that she is particularly concerned about it at all.

I would expect that Alizee's biggest English market would actually be England, but you could apply the same logic via proximity to the rest of Europe and Russia too, and she has had some previous success here with Moi Lolita etc. Whereas in America she is for all intents and purposes effectively unknown... But i'm not going into an America vs Europe debate just to make that clear lol