View Single Post
Old 12-02-2021, 03:06 PM
Super Moderator

Bamagirl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlizéeSuperFanFIN View Post
Thanks! It’s really amazing because it’s such an “isolated” video because of the Russian language [although many people of course speak Russian]!

I don’t really remember seeing other videos rise as fast, except for (sometimes) that second most watched LIB video, which would have gotten faster views now!

La Isla Bonita's strengths are also the well-known song and the English language, which is much more global, so comparing videos isn't even really fair!

Yeah, I mentioned the same speculation about its connection to Kazakhstan already in the VotD thread. Where we also celebrated the video! http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/show...&postcount=106

By the way, apparently "only" 12.9 million people speak Kazakhstan, but apparently the voice of the video still speaks Russian, because Yuotube puts its text in Russian, I didn’t examine it any further.
Over 2 years ago, Vadim Sanderson posted a series of Italo Disco videos that did quite well. He grew upset over something then pulled most of his videos down. I believe some are back up again, but here we have one of his videos which I believe was posted by someone else. I think it is one of his best, and it has had over 6 million views in over 2 years.