Thread: Memory Lane
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2017, 05:06 PM

comjoz is on a distinguished road

Here is something for you guys who are fond of memory lane things.
I suggest everyone watch it on youtube fullscreen and click there a button to see it in HD quality, and also click at the subtitles button because there are English subs you can see on the video.

By the way, here is the text of the subs:
Does anyone know how to make a subtitle file from this text?
Or somebody already has a subtitle file of this text?

00:02
- If we talk about Michel Berger, we have to talk about France Gall which is what Alizée proposed to do.
00:06
A - Yes.
00:07
- By the way, you've once been in a TV show with France Gall haven't you?
00:11
A - Well, the very first time I met France Gall it was in her home in Saint Tropez three years ago,
00:16
It was quite a special moment for me and...
00:19
- For what purpose?
00:20
A - Actually it's because I was in a TV Show in St Tropez, we had a common friend there who wanted to make me a surprise by introducing me to France Gall.
00:27
I had just released my 4th album at that time, and it was an occasion to let her listen to it and discuss it.
00:32
A great moment for me because I have always admired France Gall.
00:34
- So she gave you a few advices?
00:37
A - Mm, let's see, first of all, about my voice, because even though that I've been singing for more than 13 years I don't feel it was that long.
00:43
But for example she told me that when she sang Michel Berger's songs she was always too high pitched...
00:52
So she told me to be really careful about that...
00:55
- So now you're carefully choosing your pitch, right?
00:57
A - I'm trying, yes.
00:58
- Did she tell you to 'resist' as well?
01:01
- 'Résiste' performed by Alizée!
02:33
- Thank you Alizée!
02:35
Alizée, who's releasing a fifth album entitled '5' ... a very good number.
02:40
A - That's what people say!
02:42
- So it's an album that really takes its inspiration in the 1960's, with France Gall ...
02:46
A - Yes, inspired by the early years of France Gall and her hits 'Poupée de Cire', 'Laisse Tomber Les Filles'.
02:53
But not only France Gall, Francoise Hardy as well... but I really wanted to make a modern album of pop music at the same time.
03:06
- Alizée, you chose to sing for us the song Ella Elle L'a, as a tribute to Ella Fitzgerald. A song that was written by Michel Berger.
03:13
A - Yes a wonderful song, that I sang not so long ago... well in 2003 on a tv show with you.
03:20
- Absolutely! We're listening to you.

Last edited by comjoz; 12-19-2017 at 05:42 PM..