Thread: Alizee in HD
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2009, 03:24 AM
Alizee Fan!

Ali is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just a Guest View Post
The 1 to 1 pixel presentation of "YouPoop HD" is 850x480.
Technically 850x480 is HD. They call it 480P but that is the lower resolution HD. According to Youtube their HD videos are always displayed in 720P (1280x720) and not 480P:
http://www.google.com/support/youtub...&answer=132460
^^They even give you tips on how to best encode and to format your videos so you could get the best of 720P. That doesn't necessarily mean the all their HD 720P are actually full blown 720P, it depends on how well the individual did their encoding, whether it is true HD to begin with, etc. etc. as I mentioned before. However, if you do look at videos that was in HD to begin with then you can see that it in fact Youtube does in fact display their videos in 720P. For example, the professionally done and encoded movie trailers released by the movie studios on Youtube are native 720P. An example is the Terminator Salvation trailer in HD (which still looks like HD in fullscreen):

Point is I don't know any of any other sites that have a significant number of Alizee videos in true HD or even have upconverted ones that you could stream it directly. Their maybe other sites but I doubt they have the large collection of HD and upconverted videos of Alizee other than Youtube.

Last edited by Ali; 03-21-2009 at 03:32 AM..