View Single Post
Old 10-01-2015, 04:48 AM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

Face the music - French radio quotas must stay.
Thanks Ray for posting it.

Interesting article. Although I'm an American, I'm sympathetic with the effort to preserve the French music industry. This business of corporations shifting work to the countries with the cheapest labor or focusing only on the most profitable artist is destroying too many locale jobs and harming millions of people to benefit the few. This international trend also narrows the artistic field and by doing that limits artistic variety. I strongly believe that countries should protect their working class from being driven into poverty by having to compete with slave labor in third world nations, and nations should also protect their native artist from being blown away by a few narrow monopolistic International corporations that select only those artists who can bring in tens of millions of dollars. Take Alizee for instance, she will probably never have another shot at being a world block buster, but she still has millions of fans who want to hear from her. She may not be able to cut a gold or platinum record, but she should be able to sell enough records that she can live comfortably financially and her fans can continue to enjoy her music for years to come.

Last edited by Shepherd; 10-01-2015 at 04:54 AM..