View Single Post
Old 08-16-2011, 07:10 AM

SlipshodDread is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdan View Post
1/ I think that our opinion about english people are not exactly the same if you live in a big city or in the country. There's a lot of historic reasons to be in conflict with them, and in sport too, but London is now the 6th biggest french city in the world and that must say something.
French youth really appreciate the music and also the lifestyle. An having " an english attitude" in reference to a certain distinction is pretty positive in french language.

2/ All this doesn't answer my question.

Edit:

Rugby affrontement coud be the reason. In the south, english team are the historic ennemi.
And to put this "hate" into perspective, people of Toulouse can have the same feeling about Parisians !
So...

Fair enough, I wasn't aware of that :P Obviously you have to live in France to know... (or be a fan of rugby)

Also I said they hate the English language, not the English people :P which I can understand, given English's germanic roots... Plus how much the language changes compared to French, which is the result of the Académie Francaise, where there is no English equivalent

But as you say there is a fairly big French population in England, plus a lot of the people here look at Parisian culture as a guide. London and Paris obviously have all the well known Brand shops, but there are hundreds upon hundreds of beautiful small boutiques selling clothes, food etc