View Single Post
Old 12-08-2019, 10:48 AM
Super Moderator

Bamagirl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
To think you even had a notion of taking any action like that is f'ing unbelievable! This is not going to be a forum run by forum nazis who ran the much larger Alizee forum into the ground and it is no more.

I object to what you said, when you said it and especially in the way you said it. CleverCowboy and Bamagirl have doing a great job of policing this forum and if you were here as often as you said you were, you'd know that.

The way this forum is policed is in words Aragorn just mentioned, "common sense".
All this talk about avoiding anything to do with “politics” is basically silly. I agree with moderators of discussion groups curbing very ugly arguments that devolve into nothing more than name calling or personal attacks. But just because a respectful discussion touches on the mention of a country, public figure or leader, political climate, societal norms or various laws and customs, that should not automatically preclude its inclusion in a civil conversation. Depending on how broadly one defines “politics,” it is virtually impossible to avoid it in some form in an intelligent discussion that is of any length.

I don’t believe there has been anything the least bit disrespectful or unpleasant about the posts in this thread. Though there have been some disagreements, the posts have been primarily informational and written with courtesy and sincerity. It’s a shame to hear the implied threat of censorship for something so mild.

Last edited by Bamagirl; 12-08-2019 at 06:58 PM..