View Single Post
Old 01-15-2020, 05:40 PM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn97 View Post
Yep, Corsican is basically Italian with less consonants and random "u" every now and then.
This is interesting. I really did not expect this big of a difference from French.

The note to send to them was the simple message of "We at AlizeeAmerica.com send warmest congratulations on the birth of your sweet baby girl, Maggy!"

I ran the sentence through the Google translator from English to French and from English to Corsican. I then reverse translated them using Google back into English. The French message translated back pretty close to the original message, but the Corsican message lost a significant amount of meaning when translated back to English. It made it sound like the birth of Maggy had not happened yet and was something that was going to happen in the future.

Bamagirl was friends with somebody from France and he was able to translate the message to Corsican. Then things became more complicated because we learned there was French Corsican and south Corsican and "real" Corsican.

It was at that point we decided to let Nathalie do the translation for us because she felt that a message in Alizee's native dialect would be very meaningful to her.

So, I'm not sure what it exactly says now, but I'm sure the message is nice.