View Single Post
Old 09-09-2021, 09:14 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noppo555 View Post
It's kind of hard to put it into words or enumerate it, there's so many things that embark being feminine, but it all just comes naturally to her.
There is no need to try to put into words everything. There is a mystery to attraction that cannot be explained.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlizéeSuperFanFIN View Post
12. Mon maquis

This is actually one of my favorites and both the song and the performance at the same time! While it may be a slightly more special genre for Alizée! Also, for some reason, I’ve now listened to this song quite a bit in recent months! But I could put it higher, even really much higher, but maybe this weirdness of the genre only puts the show in 12th place! In this performance, I still love Alizée’s movements and great dancing with the band members, one of the best interactions at the concert! This is probably a slightly more special genre and performance for Alizée, maybe even harder at first, but damn, she handles it 100% and really happily!
So, I never did comment on the song I voted for, and this was the one.

This song has really grown on me over the years. The En Concert video of it is fantastic, but since one gets fixated on Alizee in the video, the underlying song takes a back seat. Listening to just the song on the album really brings out the brilliance of the arrangement. Yes, it is a little rap-ish but I would not go as far as calling it a rap song. The percussion is very prominent, especially in the middle part of the song. It is easy to get lost in the instrumental portion of the song and Alizee's soft voice makes it very easy to listen to.

In the En Concert video, Alizee is of course very beautiful singing from the steps of the shoe. Alizee dancing around the drummer is one of the most epic moments in En Concert in my opinion. I really don't know how the drummer kept his composure and didn't mess up the beat. She sways to the front of the stage and is met by the backup singers for another great scene, then walks off stage while the lead guitar plays his solo. Just a great video.

Last edited by CleverCowboy; 09-09-2021 at 09:14 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts