View Single Post
Old 07-04-2014, 06:24 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Well to be sure, cd sales are more than ever affected by streaming and piracy. But I think they made a couple of major mistakes with this album, an album that I think has ( at this point it's more like had) potential. The purpose of rushing this album out was to take advantage of her new found popularity gained from her performance on DALS. Well shouldn't they have come up with some more videos of her songs featuring her dancing? I think they should have come out with at least 3 music vicdeos from that album which should have been released at least by the time of the album release if not earlier.

Another mistake they made was the same one they made with Psych and putting too much focus on the theme song of the album, a song that was not the best on the album. You add to the fact that it wasn't that good a video and it's no wonder the album isn't doing well. They did some performances of Alcaline, a very good song in my opinion, but these were very forgetable performances. I thought the dance routines were good, but it was wasted by the way she looked. Were we really supposed to be amused when she sprayed water on that i phone? Now I really would have liked it if that woman had got up and the two of them started kick boxing. That would have made for an interesting video as opposed to the boring one it was.

She hasn't learned a thing since she left MF/LB and has too much say in her own career and is running it right into the ground. All she should do is sing and dance and leave all the choreography, all the planning and especially all the costume design to someone else.

I think Sony has done a lot to promote her, but they are going about it the wrong way. While they are putting lots of effort into promoting the lack luster "Blonde" and promoting the good song Alcaline, although it in a forgetable way, the rest of a good album is being left behind.

Like I said, they should have had at least 3 videos made for this album. Alcaline was a great song and would be the strongest candidate for one. I think K.O. too would have been another good one, maybe even featuring some scenes of her boxing. I'd love to see that.

So I think it's a good album and sales should have been much better, if they had done a better job in the way they promoted it to the public.