View Single Post
Old 10-19-2008, 05:43 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomtentp View Post
...Take the last event for example, the combined effort to vote her to victory in MTVLA contest. We managed to gather like 7 active people by recruiting on one forum, we could have had done so much better than this with a common base for fan events.
I think the idea to vote for her was put up in a notice that everyone sees at the top of the web site here and at Alizée forum, like the petition is currently up. That is one thing I was talking about. I think that was a very good turn for these forums to start making important things and important events more clearly visible for everyone. I think we've had some good success in the way these sites are functioning. I think many people did vote for Alizée, but maybe not starting soon enough and really I think Tokio Hotel just plain has more fans around the world and they overpowered. We were aware of it being a serious challenge, but we put in some effort. Ultimately, we can't rely on voting for things like this to be a highly significant promotion effort, though maybe that was an exception because an MTV music award is a big deal. But really the category did not even make it onto television; so, while it would have been a boost to her career and fan morale to win it, I don't see losing the award to be especially significant.

Merci Fanny