View Single Post
Old 04-29-2020, 06:51 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben.Daly View Post
Yeah it's incredible how the video just showed up. I so easily could've just scrolled past it and never heard of her again, luckily the thumbnail for the video and title were eye-catching enough to grab my attention. It was posted on r/videos, and you can see the exact same JEAM video gets reposted on the subreddit once every 1-2 years and usually gets a lot of traction, so if people keep doing that it shouldn't be too hard to keep bringing in new fans, even if it's only a small amount.
It's also a bit strange being relatively young (17) knowing there are people here who were fans of her stuff before I was even born. Living in Australia as well I sometimes wonder if I know anyone else who's familiar with Alizee, it's an odd thing to think about.
So I guess as a new fan who can say the appeal is out-of-this-world for some even in 2020, I can't see this fandom truly going away anytime soon.
I did a search on members here and found six other members who are from Australia, but the last visit to this site by any of them was back in 2014. I think you said you live in Tasmania, which is the "island down under the land down under." It wasn't even a month ago when I looked up Tasmania on Google Maps. There was some geological feature I read about or saw on TV and I wanted to know more. Quite a beautiful island, definitely the Corsica of the southern hemisphere as you had mentioned.

At the bottom of the forum page, there is a utility to view current users online. Very often you see a few members and about 100 guests, but I had seen the number of guests online at one time to be over 200. I spent some time in the past checking guests often, trying to see if perhaps our forum is being visited by You Know Who. The IP addresses are the only piece of information that we get from guests along with what they are viewing on the forum. Clicking the IP Address link expands the address to give a little more information about the IP. A good chunk of the guests are web crawlers or bots and those are easy to spot. However, there are many valid IP addresses, and using a IP locator utility, I was able to trace back the user to their city and country. Alizee has many "stealth" fans from pretty much all over the world and using the IP utility, I was able to verify that. You get the award for the most remote location that I had seen on the forum, so congratulations!