View Single Post
Old 04-11-2009, 01:36 PM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Ruroshen is on a distinguished road
Exclamation AAm 'La Méthode Cauet' LIVE Chat Party: Sunday April 19, 1pm PST/4pm EST!

Hello, Lilly Town people!

For the next AAm chat party/commentary track, we're going back to the Psychédélices era to watch Alizée's appearance on the TF1 television program 'La Méthode Cauet' from January 10, 2008.

This one is a favorite of mine, second only to the Fun TV interview we watched last time out. Though only about half as long, it contains quite a few surprises and laugh-out-loud moments. As usual, Lili looks adorable throughout, and her reactions to the antics of host Sébastien Cauet are a real highlight. If you're an Alizée fan and you haven't seen it yet, you're truly missing out.

Now, getting this one to work is going to take a little more effort than usual, so try and stick with me here.

1. First, you'll want to download and extract FirstSeb's mpeg2 file of the appearance:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
2. Next, download Wolfram0790's subtitles (SRT) file for the video:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfram0790 View Post
Whew finally finished them last night. They are not perfect, but I did my best

I've uploaded them to Mediafire and to this site too.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?xmwyljdlkmm
3. Next, you want extract the SRT file to the same folder to which you extracted the mpeg2 file. This is very important. The subtitles won't work if you extract it to a different folder!

4. Next, download and install VobSub, which will let you display the subtitles when you play the video in Windows Media Player. (They don't work in VLC, for some reason. I don't kow why, it's just not cooperating.)

5. Open the video with Media Player...and voila! The subtitles will automatically play in sync with the video.

Hope that wasn't too complicated. Let me know below if you have any problems, and I'll try to help you out.

---

"But how do I join the chat party?" you ask? It's actually pretty easy. All you need is a headset & mic (or just a mic and your computer speakers), and to download the Ventrilo client. Then you configure a few settings (really easy to do), connect to the server, and you're off to the races.

Click here to read a really easy-to-follow tutorial that Tomtentp wrote up about it, complete with screenshots! Or just watch the video below!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tzPtst-tpJc&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature =player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tzPtst-tpJc&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature =player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

The settings for the Vent server that Jung has set up for AAm are as follows:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jung_adore_ALIZEE View Post
new vent server information

Hostname IP: missouri.ventriloservers.biz
Port Number: 3798

it is up and running
Once you're in, all you have to do is click on the 'Video Commentary' room to join, and press the left CTRL key to talk!

The date and time are still tentative. I'm not married to them by any means. So if you'd like to request a change, speak up below! Whatever works for everybody works for me!

Questions? Concerns? Problems setting up or connecting to Vent? Go ahead and ask below. We'll do our best to help you out.

Thanks guys! Hope to see everybody there!