View Single Post
Old 03-12-2018, 02:59 AM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

Great find Scruffy, an excellent contribution. I find interviews boring that only discuss her albums. This is interesting because she talks about her thoughts and feelings. This was 17 years ago. It would be interesting to know in what ways has she changed in all those years?

Alizee is not a big fan of rap. That was predictable. It's curious the one tune she chose to speak about was a song by Eminem about a fan going nuts because his idol didn't give him enough attention. She has obviously had experience with that. I wondered how aware she was of the impact she has on her fans. She listed 30-page love letters (emphasis on the plural) as the dumbest things her fans have done, so I think she has some understanding of her influences on other people.

And her biggest regret is not speaking English! One of the things we have discussed repeatedly on Alizeeamerica. I had wondered if she didn't learn English or work the U.S. market because she doesn't like America. Now I'm surprised to discover, English is just too difficult. I'm an English teacher and find English grammar a serious pain in the ass.

It would be interesting to hear what her answers to the last two questions would be today.

Who is the most famous person you have met?
What's your biggest dream now?

On the last question, she has done just about everything, and it's my impression she has everything she wants now. The real question is, How long will that last?

Last edited by Shepherd; 03-12-2018 at 03:01 AM..