View Single Post
Old 01-16-2014, 11:19 AM
A Contre Courant...

Rictor is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard View Post
In light of the lackluster sales performance of "5" (unfortunate- I really like the CD!), she seems focused on getting back on top of the charts.
I'm actually surprised that "5" didn't do as well as I thought it would. I'd say out of the solo albums she has released, "5" was the most enjoyable one for me. The entire album overall was very good, and had high replay value.

When I think about UEDS and Psych, sure there were good songs on there, but most of them I would skip over or get sick of pretty quickly. At one point I even thought "maybe I should give up on expecting her to ever release a really good solo album". But with "5", I had a totally different experience. By then, I was already pretty much over my honeymoon phase with her, so I was able to look at the quality of music rather than viewing it all through the "I LOVE YOU LILI" lens. And I have to say, I find "5" to be far superior to the other two solo albums in overall quality and replay value. I can actually listen to the whole album and not skip tracks.

Again, kind of surprised that "5" didn't do that well.

Visit my channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCikDcLKqMBQpkJ5gUANAX0Q