View Single Post
Old 06-24-2013, 04:07 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Well I did some preliminary research of Strasbourg and located on a map where the train station is for those who might fly into Paris and take a train down or those who might fly directly into Strasbourg and where the Zenith theater is. The theater is about 2 miles west of downtown.

Now I did some research into hotels too. Usually when I travel, I use Booking.com. You type in a city and it shows you a map with icons for all the hotels in the area. You can mouse over these icons and it will give you the name of the hotel and show you what the availability is. Well it shows 4 hotels, one of which is a spa and it shows the 3 hotels as being sold out and the spa being too expensive. At first I thought this is outside the downtown area, maybe Les Enfoires booked up these hotels for their staff and the stars, but then I took a quick look in the downtown area and that showed several hotels booked up too for that time period around 15-20 jan 2014. Now either I did something wrong, which I don't think I did, or there is something major going on in that timeframe in that city.

That rules out the possibility of getting in line early, then having a hotel nearby where if you have to use the bathroom, you can get your hand stamped, leave line, take care of business, then return to your group. But who knows? Maybe they have facilities available near by.

A big problem is even if we find a hotel in the near future, we wont want to book it until we know for sure Alizee will be in it. We didn't find that out last year until november I believe. So even fewer hotels will be available by then.

Another problem of not having a hotel nearby is how to get back to a hotel in the city late at night. Is there mass transportation available then? We'll have to do some more research. It's tough after one of these shows to flag down a cab when there are thousands of other people looking to do the same thing. Maybe Lapinschous had been there and can enlighten us.

So already I'm looking at a plan B. If we have to get a hotel further away. I will rent a car and then distance wont matter. I've driven several times in France and am quite comfortable doing it.

EDIT:

Now I did a little research on the theater itself. Another bit of bad news is the capacity is listed at 12,000 where as the Bercy could hold up to 17,000, which could make it much tougher to get tickets.

Wikipedia did say this about the theater, "The first event held at the arena was "W9VIP Live" on January 9, 2009. The event was organized by French television stations W9 and M6 to commenerate Télévision Numérique Terrestre (digital television in France). The concert contained performances by Alizée Jacotey, Amel Bent, Emma Bunton, Christophe Maé, Jenifer Bartoli, Laure Pester, Melissa M and Les Déesses."

Here's the link to their website.

http://www.zenith-strasbourg.fr/programming/calendar/

EDIT, EDIT: Strasbourg is the headquarters for the European Union and one thing I did find out that's going on there in the same time frame as L.E. is this

SAVE THE DATE: Strasbourg 16-17 January 2014 / 2-day interactive conference on Social Entrepreneurship and Social Economy

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Edit:

Looking at the tram schedule for line A which brings you within a half mile of the theater, It looks like it makes it's originating run from the end stations around midnight, so if the show starts at 8 pm and runs over 4 hours, your not going to make it on these trams. I have to do some research on the buses which get you closer, but when do they stop and do they put on extra buses.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 06-24-2013 at 04:07 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts