Thread: Psychédélices
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2008, 09:46 PM

Euphoria is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matze View Post
It's a pity that this song isn't so much discussed than ofters though there is definitly a lot of myterious and unclear things in it.

If RMJ should read this, why did you translated "l'halali" with "it kills"? It is just a term which describes a cry of hunt, called "halali" or in English "mort".
Furthermore I would translate "Tu pourrais te pendre pour lie" with "You could think that you are he (the bird)" because of the allusion to the trips of drugs in this songs which is there definitely, e.g. in the same strophe with "The bird is thilled of your jelousy" and the dangerous to jump out of the window to fly like a bird.
You know...I am glad you brought this up. A week ago or so I was trying to decipher this song, and I had a hunch it was about drugs. I mean, especially with the title of the song. It also sounds like something you would maybe listen to while on acid (never done any drugs, but it just sounds like it:P) Anyways, I would love if someone could translate this a bit more, instead of a direct translation, this is my favorite song on the album.