View Single Post
Old 12-21-2011, 02:19 AM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxi Driver Aaron View Post
Okay TMI. But moving on...

I hate it when people merge into freeway traffic at <65 MPH ... especially when I am trying to merge on to the freeway behind them! Merging too slow can get someone killed.
I don't know about elsewhere in the country, but at least in Colorado, generally all right turns have their own special lane with a curved turn and a merge lane (pretty nifty eh? Never have to wait to take a right turn).

Problem is, I hate it when people don't realize that when you're in the merge lane, you're supposed to wait your fucking turn to merge. Either you slow down slightly so you can weasel in, or if traffic is really bad you stop your car. Can't tell you how many people I've caused to slam their brakes and flip me off because I refuse to let them ignore this concept.

tl;dr - If I'm going straight, and you're in the merge lane next to me, and you're generally parallel to me, you're supposed to slow down and merge in behind me as I have the right of way. If you're a few car lengths ahead of me and you're going the proper speed, I have no problem letting you in. If you're like a foot ahead of me and you try to speed up to get ahead of me... I have but two words for you: good luck.

(in reference to the mail lady (I'm technically rural, so mail people have to drive their own cars rather than the mail trucks for whatever reason) who refuses to believe this. At our one intersection (I live in a small town), there's been two occurences where I'm going straight and she's turning right to go my direction. She fails to see the issue of us both going the legal speed and her refusal to understand the normal lane > merge lane hierarchy.)

(also, she looks like this. Not even kidding)