View Single Post
Old 08-09-2017, 10:09 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray4AJ View Post
I don't think that pool is very close to Ajaccio and I would be very surprised if any of us locate it. I've already given up.

I would guess it's a public place though.
Not much to go on with this. No distinctive shapes to the mountains or antennas on top of them and that house is no help. The only thing I saw that might give a clue is in the upper left, it looks to me like there might be a church and beyond that another white rising something, maybe a light pole and I guess the gray area is a road. I'm working off the picture posted in this thread so if the original is better, we might be able to tell.

evidence.jpg

Edit:

I did a little research and I saw Jo posted a picture at almost the same time as this one was posted, but from his account. Now that might be meaningless because I have the feeling he probably wasn't with them and he reposts a lot of old pictures too. Still I decided to look off in that direction seeing that you can see the tip of the Blood islands just off to the left of center.

I also looked to see if there are any rivers in this area and there is only one, the Liamone river. I drew a rough line of where it runs. It also splits in another direction at some point but I think it's along this river where the picture was taken.

This time of year, the river would probably be at it's lowest and you add the fact that with the wild fires they've been having that they haven't had much rain so it would be at a low level as indicated in the picture.

Corsica river.jpg

JO pic.jpg

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 08-09-2017 at 10:09 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts