View Single Post
Old 12-17-2009, 06:32 PM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
I think this is referring to symbolism from the Director's part. This is beacause you can see that each time Alizee walks through the different rooms, each room is different(in mood, actions,etc..) and the volume of the music also increases. May be trying to symbolize the different phases Juliet pases through during her love story. When the kiss scene come out, there are two Alizee(s) one being colorful(happiness, love) meanwhile the other Alizee is black( symbolizing tragic, and death). When they kiss it might be symbolizing that the happiness of the story is over(*the colorful Alizee vanishes), and now the dark Juliet(Alizee) is ready to face her destiny that awaits her in the play. (death)
I agree with this interpretation, though I also think more simply the music gets louder as she approaches the room where it's coming from. The director's cut takes a natural approach to the sound (ie, how it would be if you were really there), while the official video is more artificial, with the song prominent throughout like a commercial.