View Single Post
Old 05-07-2013, 11:16 PM
Alizee Fan!

Ali is on a distinguished road
Default Alizee's "5". Your review.

Now, that most of have received your Alizee’s “5” CD, I am wondering what are your guys thoughts on it?

I listened through the entire album from beginning to end after receiving it over the weekend and I think this is her best solo album yet! I am glad I got this autographed CD instead of the Une Enfant Du Siecle album (which I didn’t really like).

I definitely liked the diversity she has in the songs, from pop to a bit of soft rock like in “10 ans”. With up tempo songs like “Le dernier soufflé” to the nice guitar string in “Mon chevalier”. Not to mention very melodic song with a nice piano piece in the background in “Jeune fille “ and the nice soft ending in “Dans mon sac.”

I would also like to add that she still has that cute voice from 10 years ago although it’s a bit mature.

I think after her experimental album (her words) that she had with Une Enfant Du Siecle, I think Alizee is finally figuring out what type of music she wants to make and the direction she wants to take her career in with respect to the type of music she wants to produce.

So, I would give it 4 and ½ stars out of 5. Only thing that is preventing me from giving a full 5 is comparing this to her previous album with Mylene Farmer and Laurent Boutonnat like in MCE, which I think is slightly a step above. Yes, I know it may not be fair comparing her to people who has 10-15+ years in producing and making music, while Alizee has only been solo for 5 years or so. But that’s just what I feel.

Regardless, I really like the entire album, as I stated, it’s easily her best solo album. Really glad got the autographed version. If you were to tell me that I would have gotten an autograph of her 7 years ago when I first came across Alizee, I would have smacked you!

Lastly, as a James Bond fan really like the “Bond” vibe that she had with “A cause de l’automne” in both the music and the video. She would make the perfect Bond girl.

So, what would rate this album? How would you compare it to her previous two solo albums?

PS. Sorry if there’s already a review thread, I only logged in about a week or so ago, so I may have missed a “review” thread.

Last edited by Ali; 05-07-2013 at 11:28 PM..