Thread: Amazon.com
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2006, 02:08 PM
cybersoil

Thumbs up

I was going by what I read. It may not be a Blu-Ray or HD DVD but the genuine article is super, super sharp in clarity (as compared to normal American DVDs) and everyone asked and thought it was HD.

You're right about the Alizee DVD, after looking at the cover it says it is set for all zones, probably because she has fans all over the world and they weren't concerned with releasing the DVD on different dates but most of my other European DVDs are set for region 2.

The only reason they have DVD zoning is to help prevent piracy; they want to be able to release a DVD in Europe (for example) and not have it releasable (watchable) in the US until they decide (for various reasons) to release it here themselves. But with the way technology has been going, pretty much anyone nowadays can blast past region locking protection. Got that from Leoville, the big-wig of Technology in Los Angeles.

DVD Specifications:
Please ... please go into more detail... you didn't insert enough specifications, not enough so that I could understand the underlying technology in its entirely. Please insert the 900 page DVD specification manual here along with pictures, audio recordings of lectures, 10,000 links to reference sites backing up your findings, and the names of at least 10 human beings to reference and prove that you're not a bot.

-Cybersoil

Last edited by cybersoil; 07-19-2006 at 02:42 PM..