View Single Post
Old 01-19-2009, 10:55 PM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Ruroshen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad View Post
I think you will get a much better quality with skype, even if you dont use call recorder or something similar. only problem with skype is there is a limit i think on the number of people. 4 maybe? but you probably would want to limit it anyway.
Actually, according to their FAQ, Skype can handle up to 24 people at a time on a conference call, which should be more than adequate for our needs.

I can't find any free Windows-based programs that function like that Call Recorder one, but I'm thinking that if everybody who participated just downloaded Audacity and recorded their part of the call, then either uploaded or mailed it to me, that should do the trick. The only issue would be syncing them in editing, and I think that would be easy enough to overcome.

Quote:
all this said, i do think the quality was quite good with ventrillo, definitely good enough.
Well, I think what we'll probably do is a test-run with Skype prior to the T@keo commentary, see how that works out, then make a game-time decision based on that. We'll see what happens.