View Single Post
Old 10-06-2017, 02:59 PM

Davedel is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davedel View Post
I originally joined this site back in 2006, I believe.. Maybe 2005, if it was around then. Of course, I had a different user name then. I found 2 of Alizee's videos on the newsgroups/forums: Jen ai Marre and Ella Elle La.. when I was downloading music videos back in Feb 2005, about a year after her concert. Luckily, I got to watch her grow and change through the years but my favorite version of Alizee is still Alizee 2.0 (the Jen ai Marre years.)

I don't get to this site much anymore but do check in occasionally and I'm glad I was one of the organizers of the American Alizee birthday party back in 2007. Funny.. because of Alizee's influence another user.. CFHollister (was a teacher) now became a French Chef and is working at a nice local French Restaurant. The Original French Bistro "La Creme Brulee" in Steilacoom, Wa, where the party was held just closed and has morphed into a much bigger French restaurant in Tacoma, where CFHollister now works.

If anyone wants to say hello to him let me know and I'll be sure to pass it on. I'll check back in a few days on this posting.

EDIT:
I wonder what Cooney ever did with his extremely massive Alizee collection that he displayed at the 2007 birthday party.
--------------------------------------
EDIT: 06 Oct 2017
Well, it's been over 10 years now since the great Alizee birthday party in Steilacoom, Washington State. (Reading from above) Since then, Chef Bertrand closed his big French restaurant in downtown Tacoma.. economic reasons but he's now working with someone else in a small nearby city. He's probably going to open another small French restaurant in the future sometime. After all, his small French restaurant was very successful but his big restaurant had too many expenses. He closed his small bistro to follow his dream to own and operate a big one.

CF Hollister (Josh) worked 2 different jobs in different restaurants (moving on) before Bertrand's big restaurant closed. I believe he's now working somewhere in the middle of Washington State.. as a chef, following his younger girlfriend as she goes to college. Remember... if it wasn't for Alizee (whose influence brought CF Hollister to visit Bertrand's restaurant) he wouldn't be a chef.. he'd probably still be a substitute teacher looking for work.

As for me.. if anyone is interested, I still admire the beauty of Alizee and listen to her old music from time to time while driving. I even downloaded the entire French "Dancing with the Stars" where she participated and won a few years back with her then future husband. Back then, we (Bertrand, Josh and I) watched the weekly competition as it slowly progressed week by week and were very happy with the final results. As of now, I'm going to Trucker school, a 6-month course, so you may see me driving down a freeway near you sometime in the future.

Anyway, I don't get to this website very often anymore.. only when I use Google's site search technique to search for a specific entry on this website only. How about yourselves? Any old fans still on this site still here? Say.. 2005 - 2010. If so, what are you doing nowadays? I'll check back to see if anyone replies. - Dave 06 Oct 2017.

PS
I wish I knew whatever happened to Cooney.. I really liked him. Probably still working for TSA at SeaTac Airport. He had a great and massive Alizee collection. You should have seen it! He displayed some of it at the Alizee birthday party back in 2007. That was a great party!!!

Last edited by Davedel; 10-06-2017 at 03:07 PM..