View Single Post
Old 12-21-2017, 11:41 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALS View Post
...I'm going for the basics and not going to get into too much detail because it's MY opinion.

1. In 2003 Alizée eloped with Jeremy. The natives were not happy with her decision to get married. It was ugly on the fan boards with people coming in from Jeremy's fan sites and posting on Alizée's fan boards. Basically Alizée's fans disliked Jeremy and Jeremy's fans disliked Alizée. Many of her male fans moved on because Alizée was their fantasy girl.
True. I think Alizée had this idea that she and Jeremy could be like Mylene and Laurant. Unfortunately, Jeremy was no Laurant. Also, he seemed to be avoiding the spotlight. He was the tug that couldn't.

Quote:
4. The next Album Une enfant du siècle was what I would call a disaster, then add to it Alizée was having problems with her marriage to Jeremy decided that the more Tattoo's the better. This was Alizée's true route to self destruction. I saw it on this board when Sailor Moon got put on her arm, people were vanishing left and right. That exodus accelerated as she added more tattoos on her arm.

One point I need to make of her first two comeback albums, was the mistake to use Jeremy and their friends in the Music industry to write and produce these two albums. The quality just wasn't up to what people had expected out of her.
Agreed.

Quote:
5. The next Album 5 and Blonde were in my opinion were pretty decent and not bad at all. The problem was the damage had been done over the last five or so years between lack luster quality of the two previous albums and her period of self destruction by covering her arms with tattoo's. Also with all her albums from 2007 through Blonde, Alizée was fighting the Internet and P2P downloading.
of her.
This is where I have to disagree. Both albums were OK, but not good enough to bring her back into the spotlight. Neither had sufficient substance to help her to float to the top.

Blonde, especially, was simply not good enough. She tried, but it was mostly forgettable.

Quote:
The simple explanation is Alizée lost her fan base. Be it her marriage to Jeremy and the birth of Annily, many guys who had sexual fantasies left for other female stars. Those that stayed many got turned off by her self destructive period of plastering tattoos all over her arms. That was probably 90% of her fan base. Throw in a few bad albums and it wouldn't take much to kill off most of market to those who would spend money for her music.

Alizée is still well liked by the French public but the idea of spending money for one of her CD's is not in the cards.

My opinion is Alizée is doing what she always wanted to do and has a guy who loves her. If she wants to stay in the public eye and do more television other than dance shows she is going to have to get those very ugly Tattoo's removed from her arms. She only has a few more years left and the clock is ticking down quickly until she fades from the public's memory as that woman who once was a very popular singer. I don't see Alizée and Greg performing in these DALS shows going forward more than another two or three years.
Alizée was almost D.O.A by the time she made it to DALS. One of the smartest things she did in her entire career was to quickly accept DALS after it was clear that "5" was not going to do well.

Also, one thing she had not "gotten" up to then is that she has always been a performer, not just a singer. It was the combination (plus her unique personality) that made her so special.

DALS really brought out the best in her. It was a shame that a lot of the boost she received from DALS was wasted by rushing out Blonde instead of making it a more solid album.

Quote:
As far as their dance school doing well and continuing successfully for years to come, definitely, they both have the drive and passion to make it work.
Yes they do. However, I am concerned that the location, being in a relatively small town (Ajaccio is only about 60,000), may critically limit the number of clients for their very specialized type of offering. I hope I am wrong.

Still, she is alive, and there is always the potential for opportunity and surprises. And this is what still makes her career worth following.