View Single Post
Old 12-24-2017, 01:49 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepherd View Post
... I don't think Greg is a very good choreographer, and I don't think he can pull it off. Everything I've seen him do is old. It's tired. Same old, same old. It's one of the reasons people aren't enthusiastic about Alizee dancing. But it's not all Greg's fault. Alizee is a pretty mediocre dancer....
Sorry, but I have to disagree across the board.

I think Greg has done a decent job with most of his choreography. Also, Alizée is a very good dancer. Is she top pro level - no. Is she amateur level - no. She is somewhere in between. She was good enough to win DALS, in spite of having to compete against a professional. Was she better then BZ - no, but she was close enough that, combined with a better DALS strategy, she was able to win.

Do I think that she will go pro - no. However, they are still a commodity that people are interested in. Once a celebrity achieves a certain level, the French people tend to like to see them from time to time. This has been commented about repeatedly about the French - this is much truer of the French than the Americans. Therefore, she will still hold some popularity going forward. The longer she can stay in the public eye, especially on TV (in any form or role), the more likely it will be that her career will continue on at least some level.