View Single Post
Old 03-25-2015, 03:05 AM
Zéeologist

Antares is on a distinguished road

I had intended to just update the most recent details, but then I ended up reworking the whole bio while I was at it in order to maintain a cohesive flow.

Quote:
Alizée Jacotey is a French singer from Ajaccio, Corsica, whose long musical career has been defined by incredible international success.

Debuting in July 2000 with the provocative single, Moi... Lolita, Alizée captured the attention of the world with her sensational voice and captivating dancing. In collaboration with French music legends Mylène Famer and Laurent Boutonnat, Alizée released two albums: Gourmandises, and Mes Courants Électriques, both of which were met with outstanding commercial and critical reception. The success of these albums was followed by her European En Concert Tour, from which a live DVD was produced.

After a three year hiatus and change in creative support team, Alizée’s music entered a new era that would come to be marked by a variety of novel collaborations as well as dramatic shifts in genre. Alizée’s third album, Psychédelices, featured a fusion of psychedelic and electronic pop influences, while the multi-lingual concept album Une Enfant du Siècle made use of abstract lyrics and a dark electronic sound to tell the story of American model Edie Sedgwick. Her fifth release, appropriately titled 5, reached a new height of professional and artistic maturity, and saw the return of complex instrumentals performed by an orchestra. Alizée’s most recent album, Blonde, infused light pop tunes with retro beats, and even paid homage to Mylène Famer in the form of an eponymous track.

Since 2013, Alizée has begun to diversify in her talents, starting with pursuing her long-held interest in dancing by participating as a contestant in the fourth season of Danse Avec Les Stars. Alizée won first place in the competition alongside professional dancer and teammate Grégoire Lyonnet, and took part in the DALS tour the following year. In 2015, Alizée debuted as a voice actress in the animated film Clochette et la Créature Légendaire, lending her voice to the fairy character Nyx.
Of course, feel free to make any suggestions or point out any errors that I was too tired to catch, and use any, all, or none of this text if you like.