View Single Post
Old 05-16-2013, 07:11 PM
For me... formidable

SpanishFan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
You're missing the main point of this whole idea , again she been there done that , she isn't 16-18 anymore and probably enjoys the less hectic lifestyle of how it is now in comparison to the hey day of then

And you are missing mine, she is not choosing not to perform, she just could not do it now if she wanted. So you have to guess that she is more happy now because she did it in the past already. It is a big guess.
I know she is not 18 anymore, I don't know why you think I am talking about the past and her former glory when I say a musician should be able to perform in front of a live audience, even if is in a little club, with only the company of a guitar and a piano.
There is less of her everytime an album is out. Less sales, less tv shows, less interest from the people and less interest from her I would dare to say...

The reason there is no Alizée merchandise is because it would not be profitable at all right now. We can not have the "less is more" and the "branding and merchandise" at the same time, because you can not sell anything when you are in the "less" side.

I would agree with the less is more if she was this unknown girl who has a great voice and play her guitar in many small cafes and bars in Paris and sell her albums online for a few dollars.

In Alizée's case, the less is more is not something she did choose. It is something related to poor sales, hence making her options smaller.
I don't think she is in control of her career and does what she wants like you said. Her little success at the moment means she has no options to choose, she is just doing what she can do, a lot of autograph sessions and some tv or radio shows, she does not have 20 offers in her table to go on tour through Europe, her phone is not ringing with people wanting to collaborate on a duet or producing her next album. Or doing a commercial, or a small role in a movie.

And I am not saying she needs any of those things, I am just being critical with her career, not even that, I think I am explaining the reality of her musical career at this point. I don't blame her, but I think there is no reason to put sugar and don't say things like they are.
If you think this point of her career is good, I won't try to convince you otherwise.

But I see this "less is more" thing like someone driving a Ferrari all his life and then because the lack of money having to drive a crappy second hand car and saying that it is much better than the Ferrari because it need less fuel...

Last edited by SpanishFan; 05-17-2013 at 12:00 AM..