View Single Post
Old 09-04-2018, 03:43 AM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Alizée Jacotey is a French singer from Ajaccio, Corsica. She has sold more than five million records and taken part in performances throughout the world.

She debuted in 2000 with the hit single, Moi... Lolita, produced by French music legends Mylène Farmer and Laurent Boutonnat, with whom she collaborated on two studio albums, a European tour, and a 2004 live recording.

After a three year hiatus, Alizée returned to the limelight with a new team of artists for the disc Psychédélices, which she supported with a successful concert series in Mexico. She followed this in 2010 by the 80s-themed concept album, "Une Enfant du Siècle". On release day, a private autograph signing was held for members of this forum.

In 2013, Alizée released her fifth album, 5, inspired by her past experiences and relationships. Later that year, she took part in France’s Dancing With The Stars (Danse Avec Les Stars), winning the competition after a dramatic season, and forming a relationship with partner Gregoire Lyonnet. Blonde followed soon after, returning the singer to her pop beginnings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiwaz View Post
My dear, she's really answering my prayers. The dark melancholic 80ies sound and her beautiful deep velvet voice. Just listen to that intro with the 80ies drumming, awesome. The chorus, tends to get slightly repetitive, but I never ever want it to stop
The description currently says 60s-themed, which I think is incorrect. UEDS may be based on Edie Sedgwick, but the album has a strong 80s influence.

I changed that part and kept most of the original text, while adding a bit on 5, DALS, Gregoire, and Blonde. I also added a little on the private autograph session from 2010, because I felt it would add a bit more weight or relevance to this forum within the fandom to new fans who may not know about it.

What do you all think? If anyone would like to offer an edit or alternative version, please feel free to do so! When we're satisfied, we can then finally update the homepage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LE_LOUP_DES_STEPPES View Post
Bring back the Alizée bar and grill
Hear hear!

Last edited by Fall; 09-04-2018 at 05:36 PM..