View Single Post
Old 04-16-2022, 03:44 PM
Crazy Alizée fan 💘

AlizéeSuperFanFIN is on a distinguished road
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamagirl View Post
I have sometimes wondered why people in certain parts of the world consider Alizée's version of La Isla Bonita to be better than Madonna's original "official" La Isla Bonita video. I've always considered a video that tells a story to be far superior to a video that just shows someone singing a song, but Madonna seemed to make a big mistake with this video.

For much of the video--about 50 seconds--there are garbage cans in the background. Who wants to see garbage cans in a video? Isn't there a better way to convey poverty without looking at that?

At another point, the number of a building is 1313. That's a number that has some superstitious significance. It may have had some significance in the video, but it is still a number that bothers a lot of people.

So, I think it's easy to see why many people worldwide might prefer Alizée's version to Madonna's.

I’ve never listened to madonna, but when I found Alizée’s La Isla Bonita, I listened to just the same video.

I’m no longer even sure if I knew even then that the song was originally madonna’s song. I probably had some information about it.

I didn't like it at all. I was wondering if this should be something wonderful and special. I didn't think it was anything special. I didn’t like the singing voice at all or anything else.

I am so inspired by the sound of Alizée’s siren! And of course, as I’ve said before, I don’t often like the singing voices of female artists very much at all!

Your attention to this video is good Bamagirl, that video is really bad! When I listened to it then, I probably didn’t even focus on that content.

In some cases, for example, based on covers downloaded from Asia, it seems that many people think the song is Alizée’s own, and in some Western countries, its story is likely to be better known collectively.

As for the popularity of Alizée's LIB video, it's probably due to the fact that the name of the song is already known anyway, and that it almost always comes to the top of the search when the keyword "Alizée" is used = such a combination can't be a bad thing...!?

Alizée 💜