View Single Post
Old 06-19-2017, 05:42 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Now View Post
Of course, part of her initial charm was down to her age and looks. She isn't quite 16 or 18 anymore so naturally it is harder for her to stick out in a vast sea of singers. She could still be successful if she worked hard with a good team but her biggest attraction has always been her looks, moves etc, rather than raw talent. There are so many better singers than her but the majority lack the charm and the stunning effect Alizee has on her listeners. With that said, she is not going to achieve success by releasing songs that any half-decent pop artist could release, and discarding everything that once made the young Alizee famous (Blonde is the best example of this). Over the years, I feel like in addition to the music her very style has suffered and it's difficult these days to distinguish her from other artists/celebrities. She had a very distinctive style during the Gourmandises-MCE era. Besides, I may be the only one who feels this way but she seemed more confident back in the day and had more of an I-know-what-I'm-doing appearance.
Don't get me wrong, I love all things Alizee, but it's been a long time since she had the whole package: songs, looks, charm and so on.
Well her age and looks had a lot to do with it at the time, but there are plenty of young girls who came along, such as Lorrie and Jenifer, who because of their looks and charm, had success. I have to admit that part of her success was the fact that MF put this young lady with the girl next door looks, into such a sexual role, but one of the things we've learned to love about her is as incredibly sexy as she was, is she rebelled against this role. We found out the things she loved in life were Corsica, her family and her close freinds. The things that would've caused us to stop following some other singer, kept us following her.
She did seem more confident years ago, and that lack of confidence has so many reasons behind it. The potential is still there. We just need someone to bring the cream to the top!