Thread: Mylène Farmer
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2014, 03:33 PM

Jazzmin is on a distinguished road

I also became Mylene's fan thanks to Alizee for I did not get a crush on MF's music at the first listen or at the first few listens, to be fair. I'd been Alizee's fan for roughly a year when I gave a chance to the French pop's queen. Anyway, I'm a great adherer of them both and it's pretty easy to remark if you read my posts, I guess :P .

As for other musicians discovered thanks to Alizee, it's the case for me as well . Once, seeking the "Moi... Lolita" lyrics, aside of the sudetto, I paid attention to a certain song and that was "Gothic Lolita", and then I was stunned by a miss Emilie Autumn, and later on - truly enchanted . Then, prompted by Emilie's muffin*, I stepped into the dooming but poetically beautiful world of Lana Del Rey. And quite recently, I've been tangled into another musical infatuation, that is - Nicole Dollanganger, whom I divined on the EA forum... So this sorta "discovery chain" is advancing and I'd lie if I denied liking it! I'm really indebted to Lilly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
My favorite song of hers (I wish Alizée would do it - as a "tribute" could be her excuse):
Mine too! In fact, I do realize that the lyrics are not the VERY best of hers, like "Moi... Lolita" or "L'ame-stram-gram" are - but I bear a sentiment for this song, as embarassing as it sounds; well, my shrink would chew me fucking up for listening to tracks about suicide... et pourtant, I cannot get "je vais me coucher" outta my jazzy head.

*meaning a "fan" in our crooked fandom lingo , a "plague rat" works as its synonym
The Round belong