Thread: Mylène Farmer
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2014, 12:22 AM

Chomenor is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzmin View Post
Mine too! In fact, I do realize that the lyrics are not the VERY best of hers, like "Moi... Lolita" or "L'ame-stram-gram" are - but I bear a sentiment for this song, as embarassing as it sounds; well, my shrink would chew me fucking up for listening to tracks about suicide... et pourtant, I cannot get "je vais me coucher" outta my jazzy head.
Well, I don't think this song is actually about suicide. It is about being unhappy with life on earth and wishing for something better (to put it generally), but it is a in a positive way. It is a very different meaning from suicide, even if there seems to be some similarity on the surface.

Mylène considered using a reference to suicide as a way to express her level of discontent with the world, but decided against it. Still even if there was one reference to suicide it does not automatically make the entire song about suicide. You could just as well say the song is about angels, because the song mentions them, and it would actually be a lot more accurate than to say the song is about suicide.

If you want to see a song that actually does deal with suicide, try Jardin de Vienne.

Last edited by Chomenor; 08-01-2014 at 12:27 AM.. Reason: Change to URL without russian subtitles