View Single Post
Old 04-17-2011, 04:07 PM
Life's a beach & then you dive

FanDeAliFee is on a distinguished road
Smile Moi... Robita?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalen View Post
well, I just spent the last 7 minutes trying to think of somewhat legitimate questions to ask about the realm of women (at least ones that could be answered), but I really can't think of any...

<big>Well, since it might be quiet in here for a while, let me give you guys something to read, watch and think about.

Once upon a time people had fun playing baseball. Then they discovered that, because of the depth of human empathy, they could also have fun watching OTHER people play baseball. And this trick would also work by television, or even radio. Finally, baseball games could be realistically simulated by computers for the pleasure of onlookers, and no one need bother to play actual baseball at all!

Our friend Karla has made a living sharing one dimension of her femininity through visual media. But as I pointed out a year ago in Best human face digital models now very good, folks are making a lot of progress automating this business, which I briefly recounted at A Very Incomplete history of Virtual Actors.

Of course, touching can be even more intimate than just looking and hearing. In the long run, we will tap directly into the nervous system to communicate all the senses, including touch. But for now, folks are working on robots to do things the old-fashioned way. Take a look at the progress that has been made over the ages at Humanoid robots - especially for sex.</big>

Last edited by FanDeAliFee; 04-17-2011 at 04:40 PM.. Reason: add book cover image