View Single Post
Old 10-27-2023, 02:37 PM

Marshal Davout is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noppo555 View Post
It would be sad to see the forum and all its content go, there's been so many threads and comments that date back to over 10 years ago — that's crazy to me and, in a way, a joy to see (and read) what people were thinking and talking about back then.

In that context, I think this is a historic forum, and it's amazing that it's been running for over 10 years. It's understandable that there's little reason to keep the forum running, since there's nothing relevant to talk about and there hasn't been for a couple of years.

Another commendable thing (other than the amount of years the forum has been running for) is that Mr. Scruffy alone has been paying for the costs of keeping the forum online. I really didn't know, but I guess we all feel at least a little thankful for what Mr. Scruffy has been doing.

If the website is going to remain up, then there should be changes — at the least, the landing page should be re-worked and the forum should be updated to a newer version of vBulletin. The website and forum, as they are, are uninviting and archaic; their look doesn't help with attracting new visitors.

Not sure how expensive the migration to a newer forum version could be, nor how expensive a new landing page could go for, but I doubt people would want to help for no gain at all, since the website overall is mostly dead.
Yes ! I agree with Noppo and Clever; the website must be preserved, because it is a work of Art !
Alizee was an astounding Girl, and is an astounding Woman and the website is a Testament to that ! I will see if I can come up with some Donation money to preserve it.
Just as many of Alizee's performances belong in the Louvre; so this website deserves to live in History ! and now I better sign off before people say Marshal is going nuts ! Ha !

Last edited by Marshal Davout; 10-27-2023 at 02:40 PM.. Reason: to fix my prose, Ha !